The North Dakota University System (NDUS) named the members of a Presidential Search Committee to identify candidates for the position of president of Valley City State University (VCSU), Valley City, N.D. Dr. Steven W. Shirley, current VCSU president, will be taking over as Minot State University president in July 2014.
The Committee is chaired by Dr. Kirsten Diederich, Chair of the North Dakota State Board of Higher Education, and is composed of students, faculty and staff from VCSU, as well as community leaders from the area. In addition, AGB Search has been selected as the search firm to assist with the process.
“I believe the members who have been chosen to serve on this search committee will do an excellent job of representing the many constituencies of this fine institution,” Diederich said. “I look forward to working with them and am confident we will soon have a list of the best possible candidates.”
Members of the committee include the following:
- Dr. Heather Kvilvang, VCSU assistant professor, school of education and graduate studies
- Mr. Jamie Wirth, VCSU instructor/chair, department of mathematics
- Ms. Charlene Stenson, VCSU director of enrollment services
- Mr. Richard Clark, VCSU building services, Rhoades Science Center
- Mr. Nick Lee, VCSU undergraduate student
- Ms. Darla Jacobson, VCSU graduate student
- Dr. Margaret Dahlberg, VCSU vice president for academic affairs
- Mr. Phil Mueller, retired farmer and former legislator, VCSU alum and VCSU Foundation board member
- Mr. Dick Gulmon, Dacotah Bank president and VCSU Foundation board member
- Ms. Jennifer Feist, Valley City-Barnes County Development Corporation director of development
- Dr. Ken Grosz, Dakota College at Bottineau campus dean