BSC Staff Profile – Courtney Reiswig

November 29, 2017

Working at Bismarck State College allows Courtney Reiswig to do what she loves – help people. She does that in her role as administrative assistant to the Dean of the BSC National Energy Center of Excellence (NECE), and in any number of volunteer activities at the college and beyond.

At BSC, in addition to providing administrative support to the energy programs and activities the NECE covers, Courtney is the co-chair of the United Way Committee and coordinated both the Day of Giving and volunteers for the Summer Lunch Program the college participated in this past summer. “United Way is something I’m passionate about. It’s a great cause.”

She has a “heart for serving” she says. Outside of work, Courtney volunteers on several fronts at her church, and last January, she went on a mission trip to Tijuana, Mexico. Her group spent a week helping at an orphanage and doing community outreach. Tasks ranged from “garbage ministry” – where volunteers collect trash to supplement the lack of reliable garbage collection in the city – to preparing a community picnic, to shoveling rocks every morning to prepare for a new water system.

“I’d do it again,” she says.

Courtney is no stranger to hard work. A 2013 BSC graduate, Courtney is currently taking advantage of the NDUS tuition assistance to complete an AA degree and then pursue a four-year degree in business administration at DSU or Minot State on the BSC campus. She also plays flute in the BSC Concert Band and the West River Winds Community Band, recently purchased her first home, and joined the BSC National Alumni Board.

Working at BSC allows her to do all of this and more.

“I like to be of help to others. Being able to work and go to school is one reason I wanted to work here. I enjoy learning and I love my job.”