Billie Jo Lorius hired as NDUS Communications Director

February 25, 2015

Billie Jo Lorius began her new position as Communications Director for the North Dakota University System on Tuesday, Feb. 17. She is located in the NDUS office on the 10th floor of the Capitol. Lorius has more than a decade of senior-level experience in complex organizations, designing specific communications strategies for a variety of audiences.

“I am very happy to be part of the North Dakota University System and the new Strategic Engagement team because I believe that education has a tremendous impact on our citizens and our communities. I think it’s an exciting time to be part of this organization and I look forward to the growth opportunities ahead, as well as learning from the vast amounts of knowledge and experience of my fellow co-workers,” she said.

Her past experience includes working as the public information officer for the North Dakota National Guard, communications specialist for the North Dakota Department of Transportation and as a public relations specialist at Odney Advertising in Bismarck. Lorius has extensive media relations and crisis communications experience on local, state, national and international levels.

Lorius reports to Linda Donlin, NDUS Vice Chancellor of Strategic Engagement. A search is currently in progress for a communications specialist that will replace Chelsea Gleich. The person hired for that position will report to Lorius. The Strategic ​Engagement team has the responsibility for overseeing strategic planning and communication for NDUS.