Kelsey (Aide) Stanley ‘11

September 27, 2013

Kelsey (Aide) Stanley, attended Dickinson State University from 2006-2011 and participated as a student athlete all five years of her academic career.

Kelsey Stanley with her dog on paddleboard on lakeShe is currently the DSU female pole vault record holder. In addition to holding the pole vault record, Stanley was named the 2011 Indoor DAC Conference Female Athlete of the Meet, a six time track and field All-American and four-time National Pole Vault Champion.  Stanley completed her athletic and academic career in 2011, when she was named the Dickinson State University Senior Female Athlete of the Year.

Stanley and husband, Keri, reside in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. Stanley is the assistant volleyball coach and a Physical Education Instructor at North Idaho College.

What did you like most about Dickinson State?

Kelsey: There are so many things that I liked about DSU. The one thing that sticks out in my mind the most is the wonderful people that I met. It was amazing to see how supportive and caring the community is. Dickinson State was a place where I met my best of friends who I am still today very close to.

Was there a particular faculty member that influenced you?

Kelsey: Pete Stanton, who is currently the men’s and women’s head track coach. Coach Stanton is not only a wonderful coach but also a great role model. He showed me how a real coach should treat his/her athletes and being a coach myself today I thank him for that.

What would you like to tell others about your experience at DSU?

Kelsey: Embrace each day to its fullest because it goes by FAST! I was very blessed to have the opportunity to meet such wonderful people in the community and also at the college. Because of track I was able to travel and see more then I probably would have ever seen. Dickinson State is and always will be “Home” to me. “Once a HAWK, always a “HAWK”! GO HAWKS!